Published on January 12th, 2019 |
by Zachary Shahan
January 12th, 2019 by Zachary Shahan
The stories that caught the eye and imagination the most this past week on CleanTechnica included an original analysis on used Tesla Model 3 prices (vs. the competition), the seemingly never-ending nefarious activities of the oil & gas industry, and rumors about Tesla Model Y prices and specs (and urban Superchargers).
Those top 3 were followed by my notes on a Honda Accord & Civic sales crash, a brief look inside Tesla Gigafactory 1, and a report highlighting that the Tesla Model S (like the Tesla Model 3) has the best resale value in its class in the US.
We also had popular stories on solar energy, Elon Musk, the new Nissan LEAF, EV delay tactics, the Chinese Tesla Gigafactory, the Jaguar I-PACE taking the #1 spot in the Netherlands among all car sales in December (and the Tesla Model S taking #1 among electric cars for the full year) and more. Check out the full list below, and don’t forget to first subscribe to a CleanTechnica newsletter if you haven’t yet. (We are also open to actual financial subscriptions. Just do it.)
- Tesla Model 3 Used Car Stats As Depressing For BMW & Audi As New Car Sales
- Big Oil Tries To Kill The Electric Car (Again)
- Tesla Model Y Price Rumors & Specs, + Urban Supercharger Specs
- Honda Accord Sales & Civic Sales Drop 80,000 In 2018
- Tesla Gigafactory Tour Shows Where Tesla Continuously Drives Down Battery Costs
- Tesla Model S Resale Values = Best In Class
- Turning Solar Energy Into Liquid Fuel
- 40,000 Miles With The 2018 Nissan LEAF
- 15 Fascinating (Or At Least Interesting) Facts About Elon Musk
- 50 Ways To Slow The Electric Vehicle Revolution — A Complete Idiot’s Guide
- Tesla Model 3 Production Could Start In China This Year, Model Y In 2020 — UPDATED
- Jaguar I-PACE = #1 Vehicle (Not Just EV) in Netherlands in December 2018! Tesla Model S = #1 EV in 2018.
- Cuomo Calls Musk: Can Tesla Put NYC Subway System Back On Track?
- How To Make Australia A Superpower In Renewable Energy Exports
- Porsche Claims Tesla Owners Are Leading A Taycan Sales Stampede
- Tesla’s Software-First Approach Foreshadows The Future Of Cars
- Neil deGrasse Tyson: Elon Musk Will “Transform Civilization As We Know It”
- Breaking! Tesla Gigafactory 3 Groundbreaking In China In A Few Hours — UPDATED
- VW & GM Exec Statements on Electric Vehicles & Tesla Leave Me Dizzy, Confused, & Laughing
- Cummins Talks Tesla, Electric Trucks, The Need For A Carbon Tax
Tags: China, CleanTechnica Top 20, electric trucks, Elon Musk, EV sales, Tesla, Tesla China, Tesla Gigafactories, Tesla Gigafactory 3, Tesla Model 3, Tesla Model S, Tesla Model Y, Tesla sales, used electric cars, used electric vehicles, used Tesla, used Tesla Model 3, used Teslas
About the Author
Zachary Shahan Zach is tryin’ to help society help itself (and other species). He spends most of his time here on CleanTechnica as its director and chief editor. He’s also the president of Important Media and the director/founder of EV Obsession and Solar Love. Zach is recognized globally as an electric vehicle, solar energy, and energy storage expert. He has presented about cleantech at conferences in India, the UAE, Ukraine, Poland, Germany, the Netherlands, the USA, and Canada.
Zach has long-term investments in TSLA, FSLR, SPWR, SEDG, & ABB — after years of covering solar and EVs, he simply has a lot of faith in these particular companies and feels like they are good cleantech companies to invest in. But he offers no professional investment advice and would rather not be responsible for you losing money, so don’t jump to conclusions.